Monica Hardman MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Monica is a licensed professional counselor who is dedicated to providing her clients with a safe, comfortable environment and the support needed to begin the process of healing. She believes that taking the first step to therapy is the most difficult and her ultimate goal is to enhance self-awareness and empower each individual to better connect with oneself and others in their life.
Her experience as a first responder-police officer and mental health officer, gives her the understanding and knowledge to work with individuals and families to address substance abuse, bullying, anger management, depression, relationships, self-image, stress, trauma and suicide. She will work with you to define goals and create action plans, gain insights and develop the therapeutic process.
Monica’s clinical and professional background includes:
- Police officer & Mental Health Officer City of Rockwall
- Licensed professional counselor Embrace New Life-Associate Clinical Director & Therapist
- Licensed professional counselor-Associate Rockwall County Juvenile Probation Department
- Communications Operator Cities of Mesquite, Garland & Plano
- Detention Officer Dallas County & City of Rowlett
- M.A. Professional Counseling Liberty University
- B.A. Psychology University of Texas
- EMDR Trained
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level 1 & 2 (CCTP/CCTP-II)
- Currently working on certification for Specialist in Anger Management (CSAM)
Having been a dedicated police officer skilled at interacting with the general public and handling high-stress situations, Monica possesses situational awareness and integrity as well as dedication to the health and overall safety of others. She approaches every unique scenario with compassion and concern.